SAP IDoc, Intermediate Document, is a standard file format to exchange data of S/4-, ERP, R/3- and other systems. IDoc files can be used for data imports and exports. Data can represent orders, invoices etc. - in particular transaction based data.
XML vs. Fix-Length-Format: IDoc files can be of to format types: XML or fixed-length-format. Fixed-length-format is mostly used by older legacy systems, which is why we focus only on XML-based IDoc.
Each IDoc file has the same structure:
- 1.Control data contains information about the transmitting and receiving partner.
- 2.Data contains the actually data to be transferred.
- 3.Status data keeps track of the stations the IDoc wen trough on its way of data transfer.
Locoia supports XML based IDoc files and process them in the following manner:
- 2.Define two dictionaries from the above result, one with header information and one with body (data contents) with the Dict Helper
- 3.Join the two with the Spreadsheet Helper (SQL query against the header and body to join them) to get the full data set